My Blessed Family!

My Blessed Family!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 3: Sloppy Joes

Strange to be here typing this during the week, but I made another recipe tonight and I just couldn't wait to get on here and tell you about it.  Plus, if I were to wait till the weekend to tell you....I just might of forgotten what I made and how I made it. 

So here it goes.....I made the Sloppy Joes.  Starting off with my ingredients...of course :)
The actual recipe calls for ground beef, I used Extra lean turkey breast.  Honestly when I make this again I will go with the real stuff.  Sloppy joes isn't "sloppy joes" if you don't have the MEAT!
I browned the meat and then drained the fat.  Well....I didn't have any cause of the extra lean meat I used.  But that's what you are suppose to do, drain the fat.  Then add in your bell peppers and onion.

By that picture it sure doesn't look like enough bell pepper and onion, so words of advice use what the recipe calls for.  I used less cause I'm not big on bell peppers and onions.  But I think that using what it calls for makes the recipe. 
Now add the garlic and the ketchup.
That picture is left big just for my sister...oh how she loves ketchup. I'm just joking she hates ketchup with a passion.  Funny story and she'll probably be upset with me telling it, but one year for her birthday I gave her a birthday present and on the present I put ketchup packets all over it.  She couldn't even touch it....still love that story.

Stir the ketchup in real well...don't do like me and drop it on the floor as stirring it.  Don't worry I didn't place it back into the pan.
Put all your spices in the pan, words from my mom: do not use red pepper flakes and tabasco sauce.  If you do you will be running to grab the waterhose.  So stir up all your spices in the meat.
Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.  Take your hamburger buns and slap some butter on them and toast those bad boys up. 
                                

And then just take a big ol' spoon full and place on the toasted bun...
Don't you just love my fine china.  I didn't want to have to use it but since I was taking pictures I thought that it would be good to bring it out and take the dust off of it.

They tasted good, but words of advice again:  use real meat and don't use the red pepper flakes and tabasco sauce.  Let's just say my kids enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment