My Blessed Family!

My Blessed Family!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup & Sour Cream Noodle Bake

Don't worry I did not make the Broccoli Cheese Soup and Sour Cream Noodle Bake in one night all at the same time for dinner.  I don't think that would of been a good combination.
I actually made the broccoli cheese soup on Friday night and then the Sour Cream Noodle Bake tonight. 
Let's get started.

BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP

Not alot of ingredients....4 heads of broccoli is alot though.

I've been wondering if you have noticed the quality of my pictures.  No more using my phone for picture taking.  My wonderful husband bought me a great camera, and boy do I love it.  It takes great pictures, don't you think?
I diced up the onions really good, melted the butter in a pot and then added my onions.  Sauted them up real good and then added in the flour.
Stirred that up and let that cook for a couple of minutes.  Now it's time to add in the good stuff.....Milk (4 cups) and 1/2 and 1/2 (2 cups). 
Be sure to stir it as you add it....and take a picture.  Not sure how I did that.  That's where being a mother and being able to multi-task came in handy.  :)
Add in your nutmeg, well I didn't have any so that step got skipped on my part.  But I think that the nutmeg would of gave it more flavor.  That's a question for my mom to answer cause she has made this and I'm sure she used the nutmeg...
Toss in the broccoli now.
That looks good already.  You know I think the only healthy thing in this was the broccoli.
Add in your pepper....lots of it....and stir it together real good.
Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.  Just until the broccoli is no longer crunchy.  Now is the time to add in the other good stuff.  CHEESE.  3 whole cups of cheddar cheese.  Yum!


Stir it up..add more cheese if you want.  No not really 3 cups is alot of cheese.  You see my fork there?  That's my taste testing fork.  Everyone knows how I am about taste testing. :)
At this point you can leave the soup like it is, or stick it in the blender and puree it.  Don't purify it like I was saying all night..LOL
Now it's time to dig in.

I try to remember to add the link for the recipe for your use.  So here is the one for the Broccoli and Cheese Soup.
Broccoli & Cheese Soup Recipe


SOUR CREAM NOODLE BAKE

Where do I begin with this one?  Ummmm...Do you like lasagna?  This is almost like lasagna; but it's got noodles and not the long noodles.  Hope that makes sense.
My daughter stayed in the kitchen the whole time with me and helped me out alot.  It was great having her there beside me.
She helped me get all the ingredients together:


Take your meat and brown it till it's completely done.  Drain all that yucky fat off and then add in your tomato sauce.
FYI: Opening of the cans was compliments of my wonderful daughter

Stir that together real good then add in your salt and pepper.
Man....I missed something.  While my meat was cooking I decided to go ahead and get my noodles cooking in some hot water.  Well duh....what else would you cook them in?

Now back to the meat.  Let that simmer till you get everything else done.  Once your noodles are done you can drain them and then place them back into the same pot.
In another bowl combine your cottage cheese, sour cream, and a good amount of pepper.



Once you have that combined together add that to your noodles and mix well.  Add in your onions.  Mix well.

Now it's time to assemble your noodle bake.

I used a 9 x 13 pan.  Take 1/2 of your noodle mixture and place on the bottom of the pan.  Take your meat mixture and place 1/2 of that on top of the noodle mixture.  Then sprinkle cheese on top of that. 
Take the remaining noodle mixture and place that on top of the cheese.  Then the rest of your meat mixture.  And top it off with more cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Once those 20 minutes are up....your Sour cream noodle bake will look like this.



Me and my best friend have great minds that think alike.  Cause she made this exact same thing tonight.  Love that girl!!!

Enjoy!

Here is the recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment