My Blessed Family!

My Blessed Family!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Easy Beef & Bean burritos

Happy Memorial Day to you all.  Much respect for all those who have fought for our country.  God Bless you all!!
It's not very often I get alone time, so I'm taking advantage of this time to get my blogging done.  Oh man....spoke too soon.  Here comes my daughter downstairs and my husband in the front door.  No more quiet time here.

Dinner on Sunday night was Beef & Bean Burritos.  The easiest beef and bean burritos I've ever made.
Not much ingredients are needed for these:
Ok...that does look like alot, but you don't need that can of tomato sauce; not sure why that was even there. 
Fry up your meat with your onions, you want to make sure that your onions cook to where they are completely done.  So it's good to fry them up with your meat. 
While your meat is cooking let's get our refried beans in a pot warmed up.  Once that is heated up thoroughly add in your cheese.

Now that looks good just by itself, don't it?  Mix that up till the cheese is melted.  And by this time your meat should be done.  Drain the fat off of it.  Then place it back in your pan.
Add in your seasonings and mix well.  Now add in 7 oz. of the enchilada sauce.


Stir in the enchilada sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes.  In the recipe it says that you can use tomato sauce, oh...that's why I had that in my picture.  But I decided to go ahead and use the enchilada sauce. 
We can now get our assembly line going.
Microwave your burrito size tortillas for about 1minute. 
Place your warmed up burrito on a flat surface.  Take a spoon full of refried beans and place in the middle of your burrito.









Now place a spoon full of the meat mixture on top of the beans.




Just for giggles and grins place some shredded cheese on top of that.  Let's test your folding skills.
Take the top and the bottom and fold inward.
Now take the side and fold it over, tightly.  Then just roll it.  I know it's easier to say than do it.  Place it on a microwavable plate.

Drizzle some enchilada sauce on top and then more cheese.  Place it in the oven for about a minute until the cheese is melted.  Then wal-lah (I know that's not a word, so I'm sure it's misspelled, but it's all good).

That's looks yummy.  I'm not sure what it tasted like cause this was for the kids.  My husband and I put our own spin on it.  Earlier that day we had cheese dip (rotel and Velveeta Pepper Jack cheese).  So we took that and placed that ontop instead of the enchilada sauce.  Then sprinkled more cheese on it.

Then again...wal-lah :)

I know these tasted wonderful!!!!!!
Here is the recipe...enjoy! Click here for the Beef and bean burrito recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment