My Blessed Family!

My Blessed Family!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Breakfast Pizza

This recipe is probably one of the easiest breakfast things I've made so far.  This is not a Pioneer Woman recipe....for once :)  This recipe is one that I found on Allrecipes.com; but I've put my own little twist on it. 
Since there's so much going on with this pizza I went ahead and started just like I normally do with all my ingredients out there for you to see.
So what do we have here: frozen hash browns (get a cup of that and make sure that they are thawed out), crescent original rolls, Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage, Bacon, milk, eggs, cheese (cheddar cheese is better), and shredded Parmesan cheese.
I started by cutting up the bacon into little pieces and fried that.


Lets admit it...bacon makes everything better. :)  You could do this the quicker way and have another pan going with the sausage.  Since I have only one iron skillet and I kinda refuse to use anything else then it took me a little longer to get my pizza done.  While the bacon was frying and making my house smell good I prepared the crust.  Open up the can of crescent rolls and roll out onto a cookie sheet.  Oh about this big and this wide.  Does that help? You don't want it too big and you don't want it too small.  Once you have it rolled out onto the cookie sheet press the seams together and press up into the sides of the pan; like so:

At this point I now bake it for a few minutes at 375 degrees.  Just enough to get your crust cooked a little bit.  Here is the results when pulling it from the oven.

After the fact I noticed that I did not use my fork to poke at the crust a little bit cause it was getting bubble in the middle.  So I did that afterwards.  Doesn't hurt a thing doing it after the fact.  And this is probably the one time that statement works. 
Make sure to not forget about your bacon cooking; don't want that to burn.  Once your bacon is done you can make your sausage...the whole thing (1 pound).  I know that sounds like alot of sausage but you have this whole pan of crust you have to fill. 
Mix in a bowl your eggs (3 eggs) with a 1/4 cup of milk and 1/4 tsp. of pepper. 

If all your bacon and sausage is done; now it's time to start assembling your breakfast pizza.  You don't know to do this; but I did; I placed all my pizza ingredients in separate bowls to make it easier to grab and place on the pizza.
Sprinkle your sausage all on the crust evenly. Then sprinkle on the bacon and then the hash browns.  Top all that with the cheese (remember cheddar cheese works better). 
You may not think the egg mixture is enough....but it's just enough.  Drizzle the egg mixture evenly over the top.

Sprinkle the shredded Parmesan cheese over the top.  To where it will look like this before you bake it:

Bake at 375 degrees for 28-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.  Once it's done remove it from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes before cutting.  So let's see the results of the before cutting:


Let's cut that bad boy.....yum that looks good don't it.  The kids will love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment