My Blessed Family!

My Blessed Family!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Homemade Chili

Some people say it's too hot to eat chili during the summer.  I just don't understand that; cause you are in your home in the air conditioner so what does it matter?  So obviously I don't agree with that statement so I made chili this eveing for dinner.  It was very quick to throw together just has to simmer for an hour; but other than that it's quick.

Here's what you need:

I know I've said this before but it's so much easier to have everything in bowls ready to just throw in the pan.  More dishes to wash; I know; but it's easier to prepare your dish this way.

Brown your meat witht eh chopped garlic.
Once it's done and all brown drain all that fatting grease out.  Place it back into the pan; that's if you are using a colander.  Put your tomato sauce in there and your seasonings.
Stir to combine well.  Place the heat on low and simmer for an hour. Stirring occasionaly.  If you see that it's getting dry add water to it 1/2 a cup at a time. 
La La La La....I could sing to you while we wait an hour.  Let's not though...I'll go ahead and finish the explaination.  Good choice huh?
Once your hour has passed mix 1/2 a cup of water in with your masa; stir together well.  Then add it to your chili.

Stir to combine.  Here is where I added more water; cause I don't like a thick chili I want it a little on the soupy side. You can leave like this; which is what my daughter prefers.  Or you could go ahead and add in some beans to it. 
I let the beans heat up just a little bit then it's serving time.

Looks a little cheesy huh?  That's cause I added shredded cheese to my bowl. Don't that look good????  If so click here for the recipe!
After looking at that recipe it's different than what I made; but it's close enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment