My Blessed Family!

My Blessed Family!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rib Eye's with Whisky Cream Sauce and Whisky glazed Carrots

I sure do have alot of catching up to do.  Usually my blogging is done on Sunday evenings but it was such a busy day I just didn't get it done.  So this is 2 recipes and 6 more to go.  I won't overwhelm you though...I'll put each meal in a different blog.
Last weekend...or so.....yeah this was made on 6-2-12...see how behind I'm in...don't judge :)
So on that day I made rib-eye steaks with whisky cream sauce with whisky glazed carrots.  I also threw in there a simple baked potato.

Rib Eye Steaks with Whisky Cream Sauce

Since it's been so long since I've made it I'm really counting on my pictures to help me with this.  I don't like going by the recipe when I blog...wait maybe I shouldn't tell you that..LOL
I started off with frying my steaks in 2 tbsp. of melted butter.

                           

I then covered the steaks to try to get them to cook evenly in the middle.  While my steaks were cooking I was preparing my sauce. 
The butter again....melt 2 tbsp. of butter in another skillet.  For me this was hard cause I really love my iron skillet and it was so hard to use another skillet.  But in this case I didn't have a choice.  I melted my butter and then added in my onion till they were brown.  Then turn off the heat and add in your whisky.


As soon as the whisky ( 1/4 Cup) evaporates you can turn the burner back on and then add in your beef broth (1/4 Cup).  Add your salt and pepper to season.  Now whisk in another tablespoon of butter.
Look at that wonderful handy dandy whisk - well I call it a whapula.  It's a whisk and a spatula.  Love it...buy you one; you won't regret it.  Allow your mixture to bubble for about 30 seconds....1.2.3.4.5...ok you get the point.  Reduce your heat to low and add in your heavy cream (1/4 cup).



Continue to whisk it all together.  If you see that it looks a little too brothy then you can add in more cream.  Allow to simmer on VERY low heat till your steaks are done.  Once your steaks are done you can add your sauce ontop.
Be prepared to have it thicken up on you as it sits there.  You don't want it too thick.  See below for the making of the carrots.

Whisky Glazed Carrots

Not alot needed for this recipe: 1 stick butter, 2 pounds of carrots (peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces), 3/4 cup of whisky, 3/4 cup of brown sugar, salt and pepper.

Melt 1/2 stick of butter.  Add in 1/2 of your carrots and stir them till they are brown.

Remove them from the pan onto a plate and then repeat with your remaining carrots. 
Then pour in the whisky.

Here is where a picture should be....but I could not determine which picture is was suppose to be.  You know since I did make this over a week ago.  Sorry about that.
Reduce your heat to medium low and add in the other 1/2 a stick of butter. Stir it around until it is melted.  Once it's melted add in your brown sugar.

Then add your carrots back in and reduce the heat to low and cover and cook for about 5 minutes.  Then remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.

Don't those look amazing.  Don't worry the whisky will cook out.
Add in your salt and pepper and make sure to add enough salt.  Go ahead taste it and see what you think.
Serve immediately.  If they sit there they aren't that good.
Enjoy!

Blog to come: Penne Alla Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment