My Blessed Family!

My Blessed Family!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Penne Alla Betsy

Weird name for a recipe huh?  I think the Betsy come from someone Pioneer Woman knows...not sure.  But one thing I know is that this was an awesome recipe.  Let's get started.


So here we have: penne pasta, butter (of course), oil, tomato sauce, basil, onion, parsley, heavy cream, garlic, salt and pepper, and chicken breast.  The recipe actually calls for shrimp; but in this house we are not a fan of shrimp. 
Start by getting your water starting to boil for the pasta.
Then I cut up the chicken and fried it in a little bit of olive oil. 

While that was frying I put a tbsp. of butter and a tbsp. of olive oil in another skillet.  Once that's melted I added the onion and garlic and cooked it till the onions were done.  Then add in your tomato sauce.

I personally think that I added in too much tomato sauce.  It only calls for 14.5 ounces...and well I didn't measure it out of the can I just poured.  The can I had was a 15 ounce can.  Guess I can't measure with my eye balls....well who can? :)
Stir that together real well with the onions and garlic and then add in your heavy cream.  Oh that's the good stuff.

Now it's going to start looking really good.
Your chicken should be done by now and then you can add it in at this point.

Look at that color of the sauce, beautiful.
Add in your herbs; basil and parsley.

Stir that together and then add in your pasta.

Serve with some french bread.  I didn't serve with anything.  All I needed was a fork :)

Here is the recipe:
Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment