My Blessed Family!

My Blessed Family!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baked Chicken with Buttery Lemon Parsley Noodles

Last one...then I'm finally all caught up on my blogs since vacation. 
This recipe is what I made last night for dinner.  I wasn't sure how I wanted to cook my chicken breast so I just went out on a limb and decided to bake it.  I like to start off my blogs now with a final picture....so while you are reading your mouth is watering. :)
I cut all the chicken breast in half and placed it in the cake pan.  Seasonings I used...um...lemon pepper, salt, pepper, season salt, and garlic salt.  Then I sliced some red pepper, green pepper, and onion and placed that on top.  Then sliced up 1/2 a stick of butter.  And this was my results before it was baked.

Now after......

All I did was bake it covered at 350 degrees for...well...not sure.  Till it was done approx. 30-45 minutes.  I think...you know I guess I should keep track of all this while I cook my own meals and don't have a recipe.  Sorry about that.
Now for the noodles.
Here's what you will need:

Pepper, salt, butter (yes more butter), lemon, pasta (spaghetti type of your choice), and parsley.  Mince the parsley really fine.

Cook the pasta like normal....boil water then place the pasta in the pot and cook till done.  I did take a picture of the pasta in the pot; but....I won't be a goober and post it. :)
When your pasta is done; drain and set aside.

Now melt your butter in a skillet.

Ok...that's a goober there. :)
While your butter is melting I would recommend zesting your lemon and squeezing the juice from the lemon.  It's much easier to have it all prepared. 
When your butter is melted toss your drained noodles in there.

Stir them around for a little bit.  Then toss in your 1/2 a lemon zest, lemon juice from a whole lemon, and salt and pepper.  I went outside the recipe and added a little bit of garlic salt. Now add in your parsley.

Toss around to mix it real well...and then you are done.  Very simple. 
Place your noodles on the plate.

Then plop that chicken on top.

Now dig in!!

Here's the recipe of just the noodles; the chicken is what I made on my own.
Click here for recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment