My Blessed Family!

My Blessed Family!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sausage Pancakes on Sticks



Where have I been????  Vacation!!!  Me, my husband, my kids, and my sister and her husband and kids all were together and had a great time at JellyStone Yogi Bear Park.  Our menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner was decided almost 4 months before vacation.  One morning 4 months in advance we decided on french toast.  As each month went by I kept on thinking that's really going to use alot of bread, but what could we have in it's place?  I had no clue at all until I watched the episode of Pioneer Woman when Ree made sausage pancakes on sticks.  Oh how great and easy will that be.  I figured I would make them the Friday night before we even left on vacation and then when that morning came we could just heat them up. 
So here I am that Friday night ready to get things cookin'!
First cook the breakfast sausages just like the package says.

The recipe doesn't call for that many but I was making 2 helpings of it since I had alot of mouths to feed.
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cornmeal, and cinnamon.                                                         Stir until mixed well together.

In a separate bowl combine the eggs and vanilla and then add that to the dry mixture.  Then adding water to get it to the right consistency.
Perfect!  Now time to assemble them.
Well first get your oil into a pot (hint....make sure the pot is big enough) and get it heating up while you start to assemble.  The sausages should be done by this time.

Now take a sausage and a chop stick (these are good to use since they don't have a point on them) and stick the chopstick into one of the ends of the sausage.  It's good to only stick the chopstick to where it's half way into the sausage.



                                   

Dip the sausages into the batter and allow the excess batter to drip off. 



Then when your oil is heated to 350 degrees it's time to drop in your sausage pancakes on a stick.   Make sure that when it's placed in the pot it doesn't touch the bottom of the pot cause it will stick and burn.  Flip it throughout the frying stage to make sure that it gets brown evenly.  Once it's a golden brown time to remove it from the oil.
Serve with warm syrup...Yum Yum!!!

Time to enjoy them yourself here's the recipe: Click here for recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment