My Blessed Family!

My Blessed Family!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chocolate Mint Brownie Bites

Chocolate and Mint and Brownie..oh what a great combination. Here's what I have made:

Since making these for the first time I've made them again for some wonderful guest I had at my house.  They are just so good...and they just melt in your mouth.
So I started off by spraying a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.  Make sure to get in all creases so that your brownies don't stick.
I know I'm such a goober I didn't have to take this picture.  But I've been bragging to a couple of people how I take a picture of every step; so I had to make sure that I put this picture in there. 
Now let's melt the unsweetened chocolate in a bowl in the microwave.  I know that you know that we both know that you will need to use a microwavable safe bowl; you know...that's the smart thing to do.  Don't ya' think?


 Yes that bowl is microwavable safe.  Thank you so much for making sure.  How sweet of you.  As soon as you remove the bowl from the microwave (after the chocolate is melted of course) now it's time to add in 8 andes mints.
Please make note...remove the wrapper before placing them into the bowl. 
Stir until all the Andes mints are melted and then set aside and let cool slightly.  Now we are going to get our other ingredients together. 
In a mixer cream 1 stick of butter and your sugar together. 

Then add in your eggs; one egg at a time.  Once that's mixed together now it's time to turn the mixer on low and add in your slightly cooled chocolate mixture.

Look how pretty it's lookin'.  After it's all combined together then add in your flour. 

Mix well.  If you want a little more mint taste in the brownie batter then add in some mint extract.  Once you have it all mixed together then let your children or even you lick the beaters.



Using a cookie scoop, scoop the batter into the mini muffin tins. 

Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.  Once the brownies are done then turn upside down out of the pan.
I was so proud of these brownies...they came out of the pan and didn't stick.  Way to go me! :)
While these are cooling let's prepare the topping.  Unwrap 25 Andes mints.

In with the mints put a tablespoon of butter and chopped bittersweet chocolate.  Melt in the microwave until smooth.  Once your brownies have cooled completely dip the brownie bites in the chocolate, make sure you just put the cone part in the chocolate.

Allow the chocolate to set for a few minutes and then add some chopped Andes mints on top.

Then take one and ENJOY! 

I have the recipe....do you want it?  No I don't think so.  You know I made these here for work and I was talking with one of the ladies in my dept. and she said without knowing that I made them...she said that the mints things looked like someone bought them from a fancy pastry place.  Made me feel good...cause then I told her that I made them.....

Here's the recipe; make them..have someone be awwwed by it.  Let me know how they turn out.
Click here for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment